BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, September 12, 2008

First Week of School

Hey Everyone!
I miss you guys so much! Ok, so yes I have been a tad bit homesick, but it is definitely getting better! My roommates are pretty much amazing!! I love them to death already. We already have decided to start having family prayer and sunday dinner together. We also are all going to the movies and shopping together next weekend! haha We all goof off and joke around and pretty much never get our homework done until around midnight! I really need to learn to crack down on that! Which is what I will be doing this weekend! I hope everything is ok down there! We have all been watching the news. I think Ike turned out to be larger than anyone expected! Pretty scary! I love all of my classes. They are wonderful. I am taking a journalism class that is pretty much amazing! It teaches the difference between normal english writing and journalism! I think I prefer journalism over normal writing! Much easier and way more laid back! Now I understand why Robin loves to write so much! I am also taking an advanced visual media class. It just teaches more design principles. I will be doing a podcast and making my own website. I am way excited about that. Book of Mormon 2 is amazing! I was so scared because when I printed my syllabus it was 10 pages long. I pretty much freaked out. However, my teacher is amazing! He loves the Gospel so much and its hard not to love the class when he is teaching! I am also in Intro to Public relations. It is pretty awesome so far. It just teaches the principles of PR and what we will be doing, and we do case studies on past media situations that have occured and what we can learn from their PR teams. We have currently talked about Martha Stewarts scandal and the Tylenol inccidents that happened a decasde ago. Pretty interesting how each person handles their circumstances! We also subscribe to the newspaper here and have to stay up to date with the news that is happening around us. My favorite class so far is Mass Media! Amazing class! It is just based on media today. How we receive it, what media is important, how it has progressed! I love it! I even subscribed to podcasts on I-tunes! I get the news on my MP3 player now. I love it! You can even subscribe to spanish and they teach you how to speak spanish. You can download it to your MP3 player and listen to it all day, or you can listen to it on your computer! School has kept me pretty busy, but Rachel and I have started talking about going to the temple again. I think we are going to try to go on Thursdays. I am excited for that. Church is awesome! I love my ward. I also love the student ambassador program I was accepted into! It is amazing and awesome! I am going on a retreat with them next weekend. I cannot wait for that. I only know like 2 people in the program, but it is a great way to meet knew people! Anyways I better get to my next class I will try to keep my blog updated at least once a week! I will email you guys when I do. I miss all of you and I will put pictures up of my roommates soon!

No comments: